i would like to share with you these questions which are useful when providing a critical review of a published paper.
when you are doing a critical review of a published paper you should make sure you answer all questions based on the paper you are criticising.
- Why is this article interesting/important?
- Are the outcomes important?
- What has motivated the authors to write this article when the did?
- What is the research problem/question?
- What theory or theoretical framework underpins the research?
- What are the key motivating literatures on which the study depends?
- Which research method has been chosen?
- How has the sample been selected?
- How have questions of validity been addressed?
- How has the data/evidence been analysed?
- Are the conclusions and recommendations consistent with the findings?